We are happy to share some special discounts with you that we were able to negotiate with the Pisa Convention Bureau. We also have a generalized schedule of which activities EGC is planning to offer. This way we want to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Sightseeing tours of Pisa with EGC guides in the afternoons. Duration: 2 hours
- Hangouts at the beach during the afternoons (exact location to be announced). Warning: the beach is usually crowded during Summer and business in the area is expensive!
- As per usual the Main tournament will take a break on Wednesdays, so there will be time for many different activities:
- Short excursions with EGC guides with lunch in nearby locations like San Gimignano, Pistoia Zoo, or Volterra, returning in the afternoon
- Full day excursions with EGC guides to various places in the nearby area like Florence, Siena, and Pistoia
- Full day excursion with EGC guides to the beach
- Monday and Thursday afternoons excursion with EGC guides to the natural history museum of Calci
- Tuesday and Friday afternoons excursion with EGC guides to Lucca
Important: The above schedule is not final yet. We expect changes to be made as we get closer to the beginning of the Congress. So please check back later for more reliable information!
Discounted Tourist activities
The following offers are handled by the Pisa Convention Bureau so EGC guides will not be involved. However after arriving here, we will provide all EGC participants with a voucher. Always keep the voucher with you so personnel knows to give you the discounts listed below.
You can find the Tourist info point at...
To make reservations, please write them an email ahead of time and state that you are part of "European Go Congress 2018".
Tourism bureau activities
- Saturdays and Sundays 11.00 am guided tours
10% discount for:
- Tour 1 Square of Miracles
1 hour – 10.00 EUR/per person (pp)
Entrance to Cathedral and Baptistery
- Tour 2 Square of Miracles "full"
1 hour 15 minutes – 15.00 EUR/pp
Tour 1 + entrance to Cemetery
- Tour 3 Square of Miracles and city center
2 hours – 20.00 EUR/pp
Tour 2 + city center guided tour
- Tour 4 Pisa history, culture, and food
2 hours – 40.00 EUR/pp
Tour 3 + lunch
- Tour 1 Square of Miracles
- ARtGlass (reservations strongly recommended)
wearable video guides to discover a new dimension of Pizza dei Miracoli art and history
45 minutes with 13 step itinerary – 6.00 EUR/pp
- Bike Rental (reservations strongly recommended)
explore Pisa and its surroundings on two wheels. Explore Lucca: you can also rent your bike at the Tourist Office, go to Lucca by bike, give it back to the bike rental office in Lucca city center and come back to Pisa by train with no additional cost.
- Museum Tickets
10% discount for tickets to the following museums: Museo della Grafica; Museo degli Strumenti per il Calcolo; Museo di Storia Naturale di Calci; Collezioni Egittologiche
- Tickets for Piazza del Duomo Monuments
By showing your voucher at the Tourist Office and buying your tickets there, you can skip the line for the following locations at Piazza del Duomo: Cathedral, Baptistery, Monumental Cemetery, and the Sinopie Museum
- Discount on purchases at the Tourist office
10% discount on products you can find there, such as printed tourist guides, maps and books, gadgets, Tuscan handicraft, luggage locker service, etc.